Thursday, September 3, 2009

One more week

I arrived savely in Indiana, but not without some car trouble, as is a Sloan tradition. Our car leaks oil, so we had to check it every time we stopped for gas. I think it downed about three quarts altogether, which is a great improvement since the car 'got fixed'.

About 5 hours and 48 minutes (according to the Tom Tom) from our destination point (my grandparents' house), there was a strange sort of subtle jerking. I was going about 70-75 miles an hour. We stopped at a gas station (it was 2 or 3 in the morning) and called my dad. We checked the transmition oil, which was fine. We kept the air conditioning and the defrost off, due to the thought that the engine switching on the air conditioning may have caused the small jolting. However, this seemed to be unrelated because we put the air conditioning on in the day time and nothing happened - no jerking.

So, the jerking motion is a mystery. It stopped after another gas station break, while going only up to 60-65 mph. At one point in the trip, we were thinking about spending the rest of the night somewhere, and engine/car trouble seems to be more threatening at night when there is no one open than in the day. So, mom and I prayed that we would get here in one piece and that the car would behave enough for us to get here. I am so glad God answered our prayers and yours who prayed for a safe trip for us! It amazes me when he answers prayer when you are in the midst of the tough times!

So, we are now safe and settled at my Grandma's house with a four hour power nap behind me. Still tired, though!

Shopping for the rest of my school supplies tomorrow and hanging out with family! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to ask you about that jerking you were talking about... I may not want to trade you cars. :)

    ReplyDelete