Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Last Day of Waiting

We are all excited to start our adventure. I am quite tired, but seeing friends and getting fun updates and visit time has been my lasting energy - like charging my 'battery' power. I was afraid that I wasn't going to visit everybody that I wanted to... and found out that I couldn't :(. If there was anyone I missed, which I know there were, I am sorry that I couldn't come see you :( but know that I will seeeeee you when I come back!! Definitely!

I had more meeting today from 8 to about 4:50. It was interesting to hear about Zambian culture and what to expect. There was a lot of information given, which I feel pretty overwhelmed to recite back, but one of the things that I do remember is the handshakes that is custom in Zambia. Also a few phrases: Muli buti (How are you?) Twalumba kapati (Thank you very much), and Kabotu (good). There are other phrases that I cannot remember due to brain energy depletion, but I will try to post them later.

I have also been informed that I may not be able to upload pictures due to how much it will cost because of slow internet and another factor concerning voltage or whatever it is that makes the the power of the signal or something. SO, I will try to describe it, or I'll just show whoever wants pictures later, and upload the pictures later on this blog when I get back. But, know that I WILL be using my camera :)


Here's a picture of our group (I am in green touching the globe on the right).
Right now I am downloading a whole bunch of e-mails for the history class I am taking. It will be two hours for two weeks with an average of 40 pages a night. Sounds intense... but I'll survive, I am sure of it. And then, to bed! The bus pulls out at 9:15 am tomorrow morning!

And the correct plural for syllabus is syllabi, thank you Katie :)

1 comment:

  1. Anytime, Alyssa!! HAVE SO MUCH FUN!! :) I'm super proud of you. And be safe too.

    ReplyDelete