Friday, August 28, 2009

A little info for everyone

Here's the plan:

Going to start traveling to Indiana on September 2nd, get there on the 3rd, have fun with family, and catch up with friends on campus. My briefing meetings for Zambia start on the 8th at 8 am until an unknown time. On the 10th I leave on a plane from Indianapolis and go through airport after airport until my final destination of Livingstone, Zambia on the 12th.

I have been told that I will be working in: 1) an orphanage in Choma, 2) Zimba's hospital, and 3) small clinics. As of now, that is all I know, other than there are small lizards that are everywhere, and not to kill them because they eat the bugs. So, instead of grasshoppers being everywhere it will be lizards. That will be a fun change. Maybe the lizards will eat the grasshoppers.

I still have a lot of supplies to buy, including skirts. Those who know me well know that I have not worn a skirt for more than half a day or so... and that's only for special occasions like weddings and graduations. So, instead of wearing jeans every day I must convert to skirts. I am actually looking forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa, thanks so much for letting me know of your plans. I've added your blog to my Google Reader so I don't miss any posts you will make. What an experience you are about to have! May God be watching over you and your group throughout all of your travels. I will look forward to photos of people, lizards, and you in a skirt for starters. Work hard! Have fun! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waiting with great anticipation as the adventure begins.
    Love Uncle Ronnie

    ReplyDelete